Saturday 20 January 2018

The Fluffy seed

Laying cosy in her pod,
stuffed along with her friends
was the fluffy seed.
Happy she was,
believing, in the pod
PC
she would always be.

One bright summer,Pop!

the pod burst open
out she was thrown.
Hither tither flew her friends,
the days of happiness to an end
Flying with the wind,
part, she had to with her comrades.

For long,she had company.
Though not friends,they were a group.
Over the fields,they flew,
the wind pushing them hard.
The white bundle of seeds,
gliding in the air.
Places they saw which
they had never seen.
Colours they saw,which
were never in their breed.

Day by day,their numbers decreased.
Tired were some and
on unknown soil they rested.
The wind lead the rest,
farther away to the distance unsaid.
Finally,we were two.
Just me and him.

Now,pals we became
and in him I trusted.
PC
Holding our hands,
soured high we did!
Lived through the breeze,
and even the storm!
Parted our ways,we did not.

Now it seemed cosier than the pod.
Wishing we would continue to be.
But Alas! The day came ;it did,
when me and him had to let go.
Aimlessly flying we were that day,
over the lawns and meadows green.

When a little blond girl,
jumped up to us and
in her hand was my pal helpless.
Struggling to turn back,
fighting against the wind,
I wanted to be with him,
and help him from
the trouble he was in.

Helpless was I and so was he.
Hopes we lost and our glee.
But a moment of happiness
swept through me.
PC
Opened her hand slowly she did,
and let free my pal to be one again.
But destiny had other plans.

Flew high did he
where the gust took him
but light years away were we.
Whoosh!! a gush of sudden wind
pulling and hauling me
to somewhere I never wished.

Distances increasing and so our woes.
Now it was clear,we were not meant to be.
Flew away did he to another land,
not a word uttered he,
not even a good bye!

I floated over seas and over mountains,
with no one by my side.
The colours now vanished,
all bleak and bare.
The ground lay washed in fairy white,
the leaves now buried out of sight.

Trees stood naked ,strong and tall.
The sky and land were a whitewashed wall,
searching for the horizon ,
I could find no more.
I slowly glided and lay on the ivory snow.
Cold and desperate ,I curled up alone.

The snow sprayed all around ,
the wind lend a helping hand.
PC
I lay covered in deep white clouds.
Thick white snow and layers of ice.
I lay there sleeping ,sleeping
unable to breath and choked.

Days went by and I lay there sulking..
I stretched myself but the snow tightened on me..
Breathless was I..
but determined not to die.

I pushed through the mud of snow,
one step at a time..
I made my way through,
but I guess it was the other side..
All the way back to where i started,
and further away my journey continued.
I continued with ease,
with undying zeal.

Now the mud softer on me,
slightly warm and slightly wet...
I raised myself over the earth...
and opened my eyes to freedom
The wisp of spring air,
the fragrance of flowers,
and buzz of bees,
the azure skies and cotton clouds ..

I had found my way and my destiny...


No comments:

Post a Comment